☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 c
- butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1 c
- icing sugar, sifted
- large egg
- 1 tsp
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- fine salt
- 2 c
- candied red cherries, cut in half
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Cherry Pecan Icebox Cookies
- 11. Cream butter and icing sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Sift flour and salt over butter mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in candied cherries and pecans. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces and shape into round logs, 10-inches in length and about an inch in diameter. Wrap and chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Cut rounds of cookie dough as thinly as possible, about 1/8-inch thick and place on baking tray 1-inch apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, just until the outside edge of the cookie begins to color. Remove and cool completely.
4. Cookies can be made and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or frozen. Unbaked dough can also be wrapped airtight and then frozen. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.