Cheater's Cream Puffs (Puff Pastry)
This recipe gives you all of the flaky texture and sweet, creamy filling without all of the fuss. Personally, I like these better for parties, etc. because the filling holds up better than the traditional sweetened whipped cream filling.
So impressive that you'll love to use them for buffet tables, showers and special events... just don't tell them how easy they were! :)
- 1/2 pkg
- 17.3 oz. frozen puff pastry (not phyllo dough)
- 1 c
- 1 pkg
- 4 serving size vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 c
- cool whip, completely thawed
- square baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted or caramel sundae topping with toasted almonds
How to Make Cheater's Cream Puffs (Puff Pastry)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold pastry sheet (not phyllo) on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 10" square. Cut into 8-9 rounds using a glass or a 3" cookie cutter.
- 2Place on ungreased baking sheet or parchment paper and bake for approximately 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 3Pour milk into a large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. Gently stir in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 4Cut cream puffs in half horizontally. Spoon pudding mixture evenly onto bottom half; cover with top half. Drizzle with melted chocolate or any sundae topping, toasted almonds, toasted coconut and/or powdered sugar.