- 1 can(s)
- condensed milk regular or low fat
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- white vanilla preferred or regular
- 450 g
- 1 pkg fresh flaked coconut
ALINE'S COCONUT MACAROONS UPDATED
How to Make Charles' Coconut Macaroons
- 1PREPARE COOKIE SHEETS. Use parchment paper for a quick clean up.
MIX the condensed milk, vanilla, salt and mix well
ADD flour, stir well.
COMBINE THE COCONUT AND MIX WELL
- 2SPOON MIXTURE at least 1 1/2 TBSP... keep untidy portions... they look better when cooked.
OPTIONS: Top with a 1/2 pc of marachino cherry that have been cut in 2 or 3 and dried.
BAKE 325 OVEN FOR 10 MINUTES and very LIGHT BROWN
COOL ON COOKIE RACK
IF THEY SPREAD, WHILE WARM, PINCH TOGETHER IMMEDIATELY TO SHAPE.
- 3MELT 2 CUPS CHOCOLATE CHIPS with 3 tbsp OF BUTTER
over hot water.... remove from heat and keep melted chocolate warm in the hot water pan
DIP THE COOKED MACAROON BOTTOMS only with two forks to support the cookie and be generous with the chocolate. Cool on the clean side of the parchment paper.
Once all the cookies bottoms are chocolate covered, use the leftover chocolate with a spoon to drizzle lightly on top.
- 4Refrigerate to cool....... Store in plastic bags.
This is a real delight, and taste like a coconut bar.
Keeps for a few months in the fridge.