Caramel Oatmeal Bars
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 cmelted butter
1 coatmeal, uncooked
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspbaking soda
1 cmorsels butterscotch or chocolate
1/2 cchopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
How to Make Caramel Oatmeal Bars
- preheat oven to 350
- In a small mixing bowl,combine 3/4 cup butter, flour, oatmeal, brown sugar,and baking soda. Mix well.
- Take 3/4 of mixture and pat evenly into an ungreased 13x9 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes
- In a saucepan, combine caramels, milk, 1 tbls butter. Heat stirring constantly until caramels are melted.
- Pour melted caramel over baked crust and sprinkle morsels and nuts on top. Cover with remaining oatmeal crumb mixture.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.