Caramel Cookie Bars
You could also spread peanut butter over the graham cracker layer prior to the nut mixture if you prefer more of a Snickers taste.
Makes a large sheet pans. Once cooled cut into whatever size you choose. I cut them and freeze them. Tasty straight out of freezer!
How to Make Caramel Cookie Bars
- 1Begin by lining a large sheet or (jelly roll) pan with whole graham crackers.
- 2Boil the butter, sugar and chopped nuts (I use mixed nuts) in saucepan on top of stove for 3 minutes.
- 3Pour boiled mixture over the top of the graham crackers. Refrigerate until cool.
- 4Melt either 2 large Hershey Bars (broken up) or 16 oz. milk chocolate chips with 2 T. of shortening in saucepan and spread over the top of the caramel mixture.
- 5You may substitute DARK chocolate if you prefer. You may also chop up peanuts or pecans if you prefer not to use mixed nuts.
Once cool they are ready to cut and enjoy!