- 1 c
- instant oats
- 4-5 Tbsp
- instant cocoa mix (such as nesquick)
- 4 Tbsp
- dulce de leche
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- cookie crumbs (i use animal crackers or vanilla wafers)
- for rolling: grated coconut or chopped nuts
How to Make Caramel-Coconut Bonbons
- 1Mix the oats, butter, cocoa, dulce, milk, and crumbs in a medium bowl. Refrigerate for 5-10 mins. Form small balls and roll them in the coconut or chopped nuts.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- 2*Prepare ahead: Easy Dulce de Leche:
Boil an unopened can (or as many cans as you’d like) of sweetened condensed milk, wrapper removed, in a covered pot for two+ hours. Continue adding water periodically to keep the water level in the pot at just below the top of the can.
Remove cans from water and allow them to cool. Label for storage and use when desired.
Refrigerate the dulce after opening.
(You can also purchase dulce de leche at a latin market, or use caramel ice cream topping.)