Captain Crunch Popcorn Bars
So after some some rearranging of ingredients this is what I liked.
And of course it has cereal in.
This makes 36 bars so if you have a potluck a bakesale or just want to please everyone in the neighborhood, here you go.
- roll of pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 11/2 c
- peanut butter captain crunch or regular captain crunch crushed
- 3 1/2 c
- minature marshmallows
- bag( 3.5 oz) popped microwave butter flavored popcorn
- 2/3 c
- light corn syrup
- 1/4 c
- 10 oz
- peanut butter chips
- 1 c
- milk chocolate chips
How to Make Captain Crunch Popcorn Bars
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in crushed Captain Crunch Cereal. Press evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan to form crust.
- 2Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and edges are golden brown.
- 3Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- 4Take out the unpopped kernels of corn from the popcorn.
- 5In saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- 6Stir in popcorn, mixture will be very thick. Spoon over marshmallows. Spread it so that it barely covers the marshmellows making sure it is evenly distributed.
- 7Cool until they are cool enough to put topping on.
- 8In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once halfway through microwaving, until melted.
- 9Drizzle chocolate over bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6