Captain Crunch Popcorn Bars
So after some some rearranging of ingredients this is what I liked.
And of course it has cereal in.
This makes 36 bars so if you have a potluck a bakesale or just want to please everyone in the neighborhood, here you go.
1roll of pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
11/2 cpeanut butter captain crunch or regular captain crunch crushed
3 1/2 cminature marshmallows
1bag( 3.5 oz) popped microwave butter flavored popcorn
2/3 clight corn syrup
10 ozpeanut butter chips
1 cmilk chocolate chips
How to Make Captain Crunch Popcorn Bars
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in crushed Captain Crunch Cereal. Press evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan to form crust.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- Take out the unpopped kernels of corn from the popcorn.
- In saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in popcorn, mixture will be very thick. Spoon over marshmallows. Spread it so that it barely covers the marshmellows making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Cool until they are cool enough to put topping on.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once halfway through microwaving, until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6