BUTTER PECAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Rose Mary Mogan
I usually use Black Walnuts or English Walnuts when I make cookies, but I just could not resist the use of the pecans I received from my friend Francis of Magnolia's on Maine in Lamar S C. My husband really loved these cookies. The recipe makes about 4 dozen, and the Butter Pecan Extract helped to enhance the flavor. I prefer using Ghirardelli chocolate chips.
- 3 1/2 c
- white lily flour, all purpose
- 1 c
- olive oil or 2 sticks butter melted
- 2 large
- eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- butter pecan flavor/exract
- 2 c
- chopped pecans
- 2 c
- chocolate chips,i used ghirardelli's
How to Make BUTTER PECAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Chop pecans if not already chopped, measure and set aside till needed. Spray several cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray and set aside till needed. NOTE: TO INTENSIFY THE PECAN'S NUTTY FLAVOR, TRY TOASTING THEM IN A PREHEATED 350 DEGREE F OVEN FOR 10 TO 15 MINUTES. You will be glad you did.
- 2Add the 2 eggs to a small bowl then add in the yolks only & set aside till needed.
- 3Combine white & brown sugar together with melted butter or olive oil.
- 7Now shape dough with a small scoop or large tablespoon and drop onto a prepared cookie sheet, but space at least 2-3 inches apart.