Buffalo Chip Cookies
2 stickbutter, room temperature
1 ccrisco shortening
1 lblight brown sugar and 2 cups granulated sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
4 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
2 tspbaking powder
2 cquick cooking oatmeal
2 ccornflakes or wheaties
1 ccoconut, flaked
1 cchopped pecans
12 ozsemi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Buffalo Chip Cookies
- Cream butter and shortening together until fluffy.
- Add 2 c. sugar and beat well. Add brown sugar and beat well until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal, cornflakes, coconut, and chopped pecans.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl to the wet ingredients in the mixer bowl. At lowest speed on mixer, continue to mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Dough will get very stiff. If mixer bogs down, continue mixing by hand with a wooden spoon until all the dry ingredients have been mixed with the butter mixture. Sometimes I have had to use my hands to knead the ingredients until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips. Mix well. It will take a little time to mix, but it will be worth it!
- Drop by teaspoons for small cookies, or tablespoons for big cookies on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with pan release spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees until edges are just beginning to brown for chewy cookies. Bake a little longer if you want the cookies to be crunchy. Let cool on cookie sheet for about 10 min. Remove with spatula onto rack for complete cooling.
- Cookies freeze well. Store in air tight container.