Bolachas de Acucar (Azorean Sugar Cookies)
How to Make Bolachas de Acucar (Azorean Sugar Cookies)
- 1Preheat the oven to 325F. Lightly coat cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the cornstarch and sugar. Add the butter and cream together with an electric mixer.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 4Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the sugar mixture until a dough forms.
- 5On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into rounds with cookie cutter or inverted glass.
- 6Place cookies on baking sheet. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the oven, until the cookies are done.
- 7Allow cookies to cool for a couple of minutes and remove them to wire rack.