Betty's Cranberry and Oatmeal Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 cup brown sugar
·1 cup sugar
·1 cup butter
·2 teaspoons vanilla
·1 teaspoon baking powder
·1 teaspoon baking soda
·2 cups flour
·3 cups quick oats (not rolled or whole oats)
·1 cup desicated coconut
·1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
How to Make Betty's Cranberry and Oatmeal Cookies
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 oF/180oC and line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a LARGE mixing bowl cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed. Use a spatula to wipe sides of the bowl and mix again.
- Remove the beaters and clean them off. Into the the mixing bowl add in the remaining ingredients and stir well - you'll need a nice strong arm for this.
- Use a dessert spoon to form dough balls slightly bigger than a cherry. Place onto the prepared trays and slightly push down with the heal of your hand. Allow a little spreading room.
- Bake in the prepared oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before removing and sliding onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, store in a well sealed plastic container or your cookie jar.