Better than Average Chocolate Chip Cookies
This was my first attempt into Sweets.
The texture comes out a little caramelized on the bottoms and chewy on top.
It's my variation on a Super Recipe from the "Savory Sweet Life". and the "Steen's" makes it a hit every time!
1 ccrisco, butter flavor (or unsalted butter)
1 1/2 c"steen's" cane sugar syrup or dark brown sugar
1/2 cgranulated sugar
3/4 Tbspvanilla extract
2 3/4 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
3/4 tspkosher salt
12 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
4 ozdark chocolate chips
How to Make Better than Average Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, and cane syrup until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes on medium-high speed on a K-5).
- Add eggs, one at a time, vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Sift in baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is fully incorporated.
- Finally add chocolate chips until well distributed. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough or use a medium cookie scoop and plop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with a sil-pat or parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are nice and golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack or cool non-porous surface. Allow the cookies to cool before serving. Bon Apetite