Best Lemon Bars Ever
2 cflour, all purpose
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 cbutter, salted, melted
1 tsplemon zest, fresh
2 csugar, granulated
4 Tbsplemon juice, fresh or bottle
2-3 tsplemon zest, fresh
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Best Lemon Bars Ever
- *This is what chefs call an "ABC" crust.
Sift together, into a good size bowl, the powdered sugar and the flour. Add the zest and stir it in with a wire whisk to mix it well.
- Make a well, and stir in the melted butter. Mix until dough forms. I usually use a spoon to stir in the butter, and making it into the dough.
- Press dough into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
Place in a pre-heated 350F degree oven and bake until light brown, about 15-20 minutes. When light brown, remove from oven and set aside, for 10 minutes only.
- While crust is baking, prepare Filling.
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, (Hand held mixer works just fine as well, just have all ingredients out, measured into seperate bowls), beat 4 Lg eggs, very well, about 3-4 minutes, so when you turn off mixer, eggs have no seperation. With mixer on low add 2 cups Sugar and cream well, raise speed and beat about 2-3 minutes. Scrape sides and bottom and beat an additional 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking powder, set aside.
- With mixer on low, add Lemon juice, (Fresh is best but bottled is fine if that's what avail.) and lemon zest, mix well, add flour mixture** and mix well. Scrape sides and bottom with a rubber scraper, mix for 1 minute more.
- Pour filling mixture on still hot, baked crust. Return pan to oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dust top with powdered sugar.
Cool completely before cutting and or Eating. Sugar stays hot for awhile.
- Notes: **When adding the baking powder/flour mixture, the baking powder will react with the lemon juice and foam just a bit. That will stop as its mixed in.