Berry Good Fruit Pizza (Diabetic-Friendly)
This recipe came from, "Keep It Simple Desserts" A diabetic cookbook.
* Use seasonal fruits to turn your pizza tropical with different fruits.
1(18 0z.) roll) refrigerated ready-to-slice sugar cookie dough
6 ozreduced-fat cream cheese
2 Tbsppowdered sugar
1/2 tspalmond extract
1/2 csugar-free apricot preserves, divided
2 csliced strawberries
1 Tbsporange juice
How to Make Berry Good Fruit Pizza (Diabetic-Friendly)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat 12-14 inch pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Press cookie dough into prepared pan.
Bake 12 minutes, cool completely.
- In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar,almond extract, and 1/4 cup apricot preserves until creamy.
Spread on cooled cookie crust and
Arrange fruit in design on pizza.
- In microwave-safe dish, heat remaining 1/4 cup apricot preserves and orange juice, just until melted.
Spoon glaze over fruit.
Refrigerate until serving.
- NUTRIENTS PER SERVING: (1 slice)servings
Calories from Fat: 38%
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Cholesterol: 17 mg.
Sodium: 181 mg.
Dietary Exchanges: 2 Starch
1 1/2 Fat