Berry Good Fruit Pizza (Diabetic-Friendly)
This recipe came from, "Keep It Simple Desserts" A diabetic cookbook.
* Use seasonal fruits to turn your pizza tropical with different fruits.
- (18 0z.) roll) refrigerated ready-to-slice sugar cookie dough
- 6 oz
- reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/2 c
- sugar-free apricot preserves, divided
- 2 c
- 2 c
- sliced strawberries
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- orange juice
How to Make Berry Good Fruit Pizza (Diabetic-Friendly)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat 12-14 inch pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Press cookie dough into prepared pan.
Bake 12 minutes, cool completely.
- 2In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar,almond extract, and 1/4 cup apricot preserves until creamy.
Spread on cooled cookie crust and
Arrange fruit in design on pizza.
- 3In microwave-safe dish, heat remaining 1/4 cup apricot preserves and orange juice, just until melted.
Spoon glaze over fruit.
Refrigerate until serving.
- 4NUTRIENTS PER SERVING: (1 slice)servings
Calories from Fat: 38%
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Cholesterol: 17 mg.
Sodium: 181 mg.
Dietary Exchanges: 2 Starch
1 1/2 Fat