Aunt Judie's Oatmeal Cookies aka THE Best Oatmeal Cookie EVER!
Aunt Judie passed away in 2010. Every time I make these I think of her. She was a great lady and a great cook. I was lucky enough to know her and even luckier that she passed on some of her wonderful recipes to me. Her humor and warmth are greatly missed.
- 1 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- ground flaxseed, optional
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 c
- margarine, softened
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3.4 oz
- vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 large
- 2 1/2 c
- quick cooking rolled oats (i use old fashioned oats because i like the texture better)
- 1 c
- coconut, flaked
- 1 c
- chopped nuts (try cinnamon spiced nuts --- yum! my recipe for those is on here too)
How to Make Aunt Judie's Oatmeal Cookies aka THE Best Oatmeal Cookie EVER!
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, and baking soda.
- 3In a separate bowl, blend margarine, brown sugar, and pudding mix; beat until smooth. Beat in eggs.
- 6Bake for 10- 12 minutes in preheated oven. Cool slightly on pan before removing to cooling rack.