Apple Oatmeal Pecan Cookie
2 1/4 call purpose flour
1 clight brown sugar
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tsplite salt
1/2 cgrapeseed oil
7 Tbsppasteurized egg whites
2 tspimitation vanilla flavoring or extract
2 coatmeal (not the instant)
2 capples diced into small pieces (i used a tart apple).
1 cchopped pecans or walnuts (i've tried it with both)
How to Make Apple Oatmeal Pecan Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your cookie sheet with Parchment Paper.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix well. I use my kitchen aid for this.
- Now add in the Pecans and Oatmeal. Mix well.
- Don't worry if dough seems a bit stiff and perhaps even crumbly.
- Now add in the Diced Apples and Raisins. Mix well.
- **This is very important, refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This is important as this allows flavors of the cinnamon, nutmeg, oats and apples to blend.
Worth the wait. You won't be disappointed.
- Drop by small tsp (I use a small ice cream scoop with a release) onto lined cookie sheet. Then very lightly and flatten the dough. Not much. Just enough so you don't have a raised/pointed top. That way the cookie will bake evenly.
- Bake for 9-15 minutes (depending upon oven)
- Remove cookies from oven when lightly brown.
- Each cookie is approx. 2.81 grams of fat
- Yield 7 doz. of 2" cookies
Unless you eat some of the cookie dough like I do... :)
- ***Note*** You can add more cinnamon and nutmeg to taste if you like. This actually can also be applied to the nuts, raisins, and apples. Feel free to add a little extra if you like. In that regards, you make it according to your taste. Happy baking.
- You can also make a glaze of 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and a tsp of milk. If it's not thick enough, just add a bit more powdered sugar. You can use this to drizzle over the cookies to make them appear a little fancier.