Apple Oatmeal Bars
What's not to love about apples and oatmeal? Sounds a little healthy too!
Have not tried these, but I will. I know my hubby will love these. We have oatmeal for breakfast every day and sometimes slice up a little apple in there too.
Picture is representative of the recipe.
- pre-heat oven to 350 d/f
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1 cup rolled oats - not instant-
- 1/2 cup crisco shortening
- 2 1/2 cups sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
How to Make Apple Oatmeal Bars
- 1Sift flour, measure and add salt, soda, and brown sugar.
Sift again. Add rolled oats. Cut shortening into mixture until it is crumbly.
- 2Spread 1/2 of mixture into a greased pan 7 X 10 inches.
Arrange sliced apples over crumb mixture. Dot with butter and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cover with remaining crumbs.
- 3Bake @ 350 d/f for 40 minutes. Cut into squares while still warm.
Makes 18-20 squares.