Apple Butter Cookies
1/2 cbrown sugar (or xylitol sweetener)
3 Tbspbutter, softened
1/2 capple butter
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 chot water
2 1/2 cwhole wheat flour (approximate)
How to Make Apple Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together brown sugar, butter, and sorghum. Add egg and apple butter; beat until well blended.
- Stir baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg into hot water. Stir into creamed mixture, blending thoroughly. Add the flour and mix well.
- Drop dough from a teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with baker's sugar, or flatten with a glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on pans, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- If you like, add a little more flour (maybe 1/4 cup) and you can form these into balls and roll in granulated sugar. That's what I did with the ones in the picture.