1 cflaked coconut
1 cold fashioned oats
1 call purpose flour
1/2 cunsalted butter
2 Tbspgolden syrup (or dark corn syrup)
2 Tbspvery hot water
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Anzac Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Spread coconut in a thin layer on large separate baking sheet with a rim. Toast for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown; tossing several times to ensure even color.
- In a large bowl whisk together oats, toasted coconut, flour and sugar. In a small microwaveable bowl melt the butter. Whisk in the golden syrup, hot water and baking soda. Slowly stir the butter mixture into the oat mixture; stir just until combined.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop or a rounded measuring tablespoon roll them into balls; less than 1 inch in size. Space at least 2 1/2 inches on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes for soft cookies with slightly crispy edges. Bake for 14 minutes for crispy crunchy cookies
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 7-10 minutes before carefully removing them to cookie cooling racks.