Almond or Pecan Shortbread
- 2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- granulated sugar ( or splenda)
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c
- unbleached white flour
- 1/2 c
- rice flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- almonds or pecans, finely chopped
How to Make Almond or Pecan Shortbread
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. get out a jelly roll pan or I use a 12"x18" cookie sheet with 3/4" sides. Do not grease.
- 2in mixer bowl. cream butter with the sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Sift together dry ingredients together. Slowly add to butter mixture.
- 3Pat dough out into pan evenly. Prick with a fork all over. Bake for about 45 minutes until very lightly browned. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then cut into bars 3/4"x 2" while still warm. Let cool completely. You can leave them plain or drizzle them with chocolate while still in the pan. Store in an airtight container.