All-American Chocolate Chip Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I could eat these sweet bites all year 'round! This recipe is super kid-friendly, so grab those little ones and mix up a batch of these classic all-American cookies. You'll be celebrating in no time. The Test Kitchen
2/3 cbutter, softened
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspvanilla extract
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 pkgsemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cwalnuts, chopped
How to Make All-American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake in 350 oven 8-10 minutes, just until edges
are golden (centers will still be soft).
- Remove to wire racks to cool.