A Date With Oatmeal Cookies
1 cbrown sugar
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 tspbaking soda
2 pkgdates, chopped
3 coats, quick cooking
1 1/2 cflour
1 cwalnuts, chopped
8 ozwhite almond bark
How to Make A Date With Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla - mix until smooth.
- In separate bowl mix together salt, baking soda, cinnamon and flour. Add to wet mixture 1/2 cup at a time.
- Mix in dates and walnuts.
- Add Oatmeal 1 cup at a time. Mix well.
- Shape dough into golfball sized cookies and flatten. Bake on parchment lined cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove cookies and place on parchment lined tray to cool.
- In double boiler combine white almond bark and 1 tablespoon shortening. Melt until smooth.
- Drizzle by spoon over cookies.