100 Proof Chocolate Cookies
This recipe is easily doubled - I make them in small batches because they are highly addictive and I don't want to give up my waistline!
Don't worry, the alcohol is burned off in the baking... cheers!
- 1 stick
- salted butter at room temp
- 3/4 c
- dark brown sugar
- fresh egg
- 1 Tbsp
- southern comfort 100 proof (may substitute vanilla)
- 1 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- unsweetened cocoa powder (i use hershey's)
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 Tbsp
- kosher salt (trust me on this - and don't use plain table salt!)
- 1 c
- good-quality dark chocolate chips (i use ghiradelli)
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make 100 Proof Chocolate Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
Note: These cookies turn out the best by far if you do it all by hand... using a mixer makes them flat and too chewy.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, stir the softened butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- 3Add the egg and combine well. Add the Southern Comfort (or vanilla) and stir to combine.
- 4Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir until combined completely without over-mixing. Get some muscle in it!
- 5Add chocolate chips and combine well. At this point, you may be tempted to just eat the dough, because it tastes like chocolate truffles, and once you taste it, you'll start getting a buzz from the Southern Comfort and won't want to stop. You have been warned.
- 6Drop by tablespoon-fuls onto cookie sheet and bake for approximately 8 minutes. Ovens vary. Experiment a little!
- 7Serve warm with ice cream, or cool and keep in an airtight container at room temperature. These also freeze well!