100 Proof Chocolate Cookies
This recipe is easily doubled - I make them in small batches because they are highly addictive and I don't want to give up my waistline!
Don't worry, the alcohol is burned off in the baking... cheers!
1 sticksalted butter at room temp
3/4 cdark brown sugar
1 Tbspsouthern comfort 100 proof (may substitute vanilla)
1 call-purpose flour
1/4 cunsweetened cocoa powder (i use hershey's)
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 Tbspkosher salt (trust me on this - and don't use plain table salt!)
1 cgood-quality dark chocolate chips (i use ghiradelli)
How to Make 100 Proof Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
Note: These cookies turn out the best by far if you do it all by hand... using a mixer makes them flat and too chewy.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the softened butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg and combine well. Add the Southern Comfort (or vanilla) and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir until combined completely without over-mixing. Get some muscle in it!
- Add chocolate chips and combine well. At this point, you may be tempted to just eat the dough, because it tastes like chocolate truffles, and once you taste it, you'll start getting a buzz from the Southern Comfort and won't want to stop. You have been warned.
- Drop by tablespoon-fuls onto cookie sheet and bake for approximately 8 minutes. Ovens vary. Experiment a little!
- Serve warm with ice cream, or cool and keep in an airtight container at room temperature. These also freeze well!