Red Velvet Brownies (Sugar Free)
2 largered beets, peeled and chopped
1/2 cearth balance margarine
1/2 cchunky or creamy peanut butter
1 cxylitol (i ground it up fine first)
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cspelt or all purpose flour
1/4 cplus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbspfinely ground coffee beans
1/2 cmini chocolate chips
How to Make Red Velvet Brownies (Sugar Free)
- Prepare your beets by peeling them, cutting them up and steaming for about 10-15 minutes or until they are fork tender. Then put into your blender and puree them until they are like baby food.
- Preheat oven to 350'F
Grease a 9" square dish.
- Whisk together the Earth Balance and Xylitol in a large bowl of a stand mixer until smooth. Add the vanilla and whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder and ground coffee beans.
- Then add this to the Earth Balance Xylitol mixture until just mixed. Don't over mix this, it will get tough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into your prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes. A toothpick in the center should come out almost clean, you may have some of the reddish batter on it, but this is normal.
- Let it sit on a wire rack until completely cool, then run a thin metal offset spatula around the edges and cut into squares. I cut mine into 9, but you can cut them into 18 if you only like a little, they are quite dense.
- These are very moist and chewy. It's hard to tell there are beats in there.