ORANGE AND BLACK CAKE
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- all purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- orange coloring and flavoring
- 1 1/2
- squares cooking chocolate
How to Make ORANGE AND BLACK CAKE
- 1Cream the shortening. Add the sugar slowly. Then add the well beaten eggs yolks and flavorings.
- 2Sift the flour then measure and sift again with salt and baking powder, and add alternately with the milk to the first mixture.
- 3Fold in the beaten egg whites. Divide the batter into 2 parts.
- 4Color one a bright orange with food coloring. a half teaspoon will give you a rich golden orange. To the other half add the melted chocolate.
- 5Use either a angle cake pan with a funnel center or a loaf pan.
- 6Drop in the batter by alternate spoonfuls, one orange, one black,one orange one black and so until all the batter is used.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean