ORANGE AND BLACK CAKE
1 tspvanilla extract
2 call purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon
2 tspbaking powder
·orange coloring and flavoring
1 1/2squares cooking chocolate
How to Make ORANGE AND BLACK CAKE
- Cream the shortening. Add the sugar slowly. Then add the well beaten eggs yolks and flavorings.
- Sift the flour then measure and sift again with salt and baking powder, and add alternately with the milk to the first mixture.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites. Divide the batter into 2 parts.
- Color one a bright orange with food coloring. a half teaspoon will give you a rich golden orange. To the other half add the melted chocolate.
- Use either a angle cake pan with a funnel center or a loaf pan.
- Drop in the batter by alternate spoonfuls, one orange, one black,one orange one black and so until all the batter is used.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean