Old fashioned Chocolate Rolls
How to Make Old fashioned Chocolate Rolls
- 1In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and shortening with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- 2Gradually add water until dough forms and holds together.
- 3Prepare filling in small saucepan. Melt margarine and stir in cocoa and enough sugar to make a spreading consistency paste. Leave pan on lowest heat and stir occassionally while completing rolls.
- 4Separate dough into small handfuls. Roll into a ball and then flatten on floured surface. Roll out to form a thin round crust.
- 5Place a heaping tablespoon of chocolate mixture on the dough and spread to within about 3/4 in. of outside edge of the dough. Roll dough up lengthwise and seal up the ends and fold them over to the top.
- 6Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat until all dough is used.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees for 25 min. or until crust is lightly browned.