1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/4 cwarm water(105 to 115)
2 largeeggs, slightly beaten
1 oz( 1 square unsweetened chocolate melted
1 oz(1 square semisweet chocolate,melted
3 1/2 call- purpose flour
1 oz( 1 square square semisweet chocolate,melted
1 calmonds, slivered
How to Make MY ALMOND CHOCOLATE YEAST BRAID
- COMBINE FIRST 4 ingredients,in a small saucepan ; heat until butter melts.
COOL to 105 to -115*
- DISSOLVE yeast in warm water ,let stand 5 minutes (mom always added 1 tsp.of sugar and stir in with the yeast)
COMBINE butter mixture,yeast mixture,eggs,melted unsweetened chocolate,and 1 ounce melted semisweet chocolate.
- BEAT at low speed for an electric mixer until well blended .
STIR in 2 cups flour.
GRADUALLY stir in enough remaining flour, to make a soft dough.
- TURN dough out onto a lightly floured surface,and knead until smooth and elastic , about 8 to 10 minutes.
PLACE in well greased bowl, turning to grease top.
COVER and let it rise in warm place(85)free from drafts, for 1 1/2 hours or until double in bulk.
- PUNCH dough down; cover and let it rest 5 minutes.
DIVIDE dough into thirds.
Shape each third into 16- inch rope.
PLACE ropes side by side on a greased baking sheet.
(DO not stretch) pinch rope ends together at one end to seal. BRAID ropes;pinch loose ends to seal.
- COVER and let rise in warm place' free from drafts, about 1 hour or until dough in bulk.
BAKE at 350* for 25 minutes to 35 minutes or until braid sounds hollow when tapped.
COOL on wire rack DRIZZLE 1 ounce melted semisweet chocolate over braid.
AND ADD RED kisses on top of it too.
OR YOU CAN USE VALENTINES CRYSTALS SUGARS.OR JUST USE WHAT EVER YOU LIKE.
ENJOY IT FROM GRAMMY"S KITCHEN TO YOUS.
1/31/2012 Happycook diva.