Heavenly Chocolate Mousse
How to Make Heavenly Chocolate Mousse
- Separate eggs. Cut chocolate in pieces. Place chocolate in double boiler.
- Let chocolate melt over low heat. Put yolks in saucepan or over double boiler. Add water to yolks.
- Beat continually with wire whisk. When yolks thicken, add liqueur. Beat till sauce resembles a hollandaise.
- Remove from heat, add melted chocolate. Fold together. Beat heavy cream in blender/processor till stiff. Add 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar near the end.
- this to chocolate mixture. Beat egg whites in blender till soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar to whites and beat till stiff.
- Fold this into the mousse. Pour mousse in bowls and let set in fridge.