Gluten-free Java pecan chocolate chip cookies
- 1 c
- pecans, roasted in oven 5-6 minutes
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose gf flour
- 1/2 c
- teff flour (this is a gf nutty tasting flour from ethiopia)
- 3/4 tsp
- xanthum gum
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, not packed!! this is really about 1/2 cup packed.
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- instant coffee powder
- eggs (i need 2 at my elevation)
- 1 c
- chocolate chips
How to Make Gluten-free Java pecan chocolate chip cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees and place pecans on a cookie sheet. Once oven starts to warm up place pecans in oven to roast. While roasting start to assemble butter, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat with hand mixer until creamy adding in the coffee and beat just a minute or two longer. Now take the pecans out of the oven. Place warm pecans into a small food processor or blender and chop fine. Add this to mixing bowl and blend another minute or two. The oil from the nuts gives the blend just a little more liquid feeling to it.
- 2Add the xanthum gum and the flours one half to one cup at a time and continue to blend with hand mixer. Now add the chocolate chips and stir by hand. Using a regular teaspoon spoon cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake in the 325 oven for 15 to 18 minutes depending on your oven and elevation...takes me longer at 7600 feet. Cool slightly before removing cookies onto paper towel or cooling rack and continue baking all cookies until done. These go great with a glass of milk or with your morning coffee. Essentially 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar to make 4 dozen cookies!! Enjoy...