Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
It makes two mini loaves so one can be eaten right away and the other can be put away for later!
You can make it in a 9x5 loaf and is fabulous!
These make great gifts and bake sale items!!
1 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 csoft, unsalted butter
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cmashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
1/2 csour cream or buttermilk
1 csemi sweet chocolate chips, mini preferred
How to Make Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two 3 1/4 x 5 3/4 inch mini loaf pans, or one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla, banana, and sour cream or buttermilk.
Gently mix in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan(s) and bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Bake for the shorter time for two mini loaves and the longer time for the larger loaf or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and allow to rest in the pan(s) for 10 minutes. Turn bread out onto a rack to cool completely.