DIABETIC FRIENDLY CHOCOLATE BALLS (SALLYE)
Bonus: Quick and easy to make.
NOTE: PREP TIME INCLUDES COOL-DOWN PERIOD
1 clow fat milk
1/4 cdry skimmed milk powder
1/4 ccocoa powder
3/4 cstevia sweetener***
1/2 craisin bran
1/4 cpuffed rice
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make DIABETIC FRIENDLY CHOCOLATE BALLS (SALLYE)
- Mix cocoa and skimmed milk powder together.
Add half cup low fat milk, stir with wooden spoon until it is a smooth paste.
- ***IMPORTANT: BUY THE STEVIA PRODUCT THAT SAY ON THE PACKAGE IT IS A ONE FOR ONE REPLACEMENT FOR SUGAR***
- Place butter and sugar substitute in a heavy nonstick pan over low heat.
Stir occasionally, till all ingredients are fully melted.
- Add the remainder of the milk and bring to a boil.
Gradually pour the prepared chocolate paste into mixture, stirring continuously with wooden spoon.
Cook while gently stirring, until mixture forms a very soft "lump".
Mixture should leave sides of pan easily.
- Add vanilla extract and puffed rice.
Add half the raisin bran , leaving half for use later.
NOTE: Pick all the raisins out of the remaining half of bran and add them to the mix.
Remove from heat, mix well, and set aside to cool.
- When mixture is at room temperature, roll into small balls between both palms.
Roll these balls in the remaining bran, to coat all over.
NOTE: I coarsely crushed the bran in a ziplock bag to make it easier for the coating process.
- Place each ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Place baking sheet in fridge until balls are set and firm.
Store in fridge in an airtight container