Dee's Chocolate Taco
My recipe is quite different and my family loves it for a special day. It has a great presentation. At our restaurant it was a dessert people loved to get for a newbie, knowing it was a special dish they had never had.
- 1 pkg
- prepared taco shells
- 1 pkg
- 16 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8oz package cream cheese softened
- 8oz package cool whip or canned spray whipped cream
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 can(s)
- favorite pie filling (blueberry my fav,cherry etc)
- 1 jar(s)
- chocolate syrup
- 1 Tbsp
- paraffin wax
How to Make Dee's Chocolate Taco
- 1Get all ingredients and utensils together. That way you don't forget something. I always have my grandkids read over instructions first.
- 2In a double boiler combine chocolate chips and paraffin wax. Heat until smooth and melted. I use a one-inch new paint brush to "paint" taco shells inside and outside with chocolate. Set them upside down on wax paper that has been placed on a cookie sheet. Place them in refrigerator until the filling is ready.
- 3Filling: Mix softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. (You may need a Tbs or two of milk if too stiff). Fold in 1/2 of whipped topping (or 1c whipped cream).
- 4Put cream cheese filling in a frosting bag (or you can spoon it into shells.) Put about 3 Tbs in a chocolate shell, add 2-3 Tbs of your favorite pie filling on top of cream cheese filling, add a dollop of whipped cream, then a cherry or a dollop more of your favorite filling. Drizzle with a chocolate syrup over top.