Blue Ribbon Recipe
The flavors in these muffins work so darn well together, and they are just super moist. We added in some chocolate chips, and they tipped the scales of awesomeness. The Test Kitchen
1 1/4 cwhole wheat flour
1/4 cunsweetened cocoa
1 1/4 tspbaking powder
3/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 craw sugar
1/2 cunsweetened applesauce
1/4 cnon-dairy milk
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cshredded zucchini
1/2 craw sugar (optional)
·I like to add walnuts... it adds to it for me
How to Make Chocolate-Zucchini Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin pan and set aside. If using paper liners, lightly spray inside of liners with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, cream mashed banana with applesauce and sugar (use extra 1/2 cup for a very sweet, dessert-like muffin).
- Add in soymilk, vanilla, zucchini and any other optional add-ins you might like such as vegan chocolate chips or chopped raw walnuts. Stir until evenly combined.
- Add flour mix to wet mix in 3-4 batches and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pan and bake 18-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Chef's Note: These muffins store well both in the fridge and freezer & the raw sugar in this recipe may be reduced to 1/2 cup.