Chocolate-Strawberry Filled Crescent Rolls
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, softened and divided
- 2 c
- confectioners sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons of baking cocoa
- 2 (8 oz.)
- tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- finely chopped strawberries
How to Make Chocolate-Strawberry Filled Crescent Rolls
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl, cream 3 tablespoons of butter with 1 cup of confectioners sugar until light and fluffy. Add in 1 the milk and 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- 3Slowly add the cocoa and mix well.
- 4Unroll the crescent dough and separate into triangles. Spread about 1 rounded teaspoon of filling over eat triangle and cover with 1 rounded teaspoon of chopped strawberries, to within 1/4 inch of the edges.
- 5Roll up each from the wide end. Place point side down 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Curve ends to form crescent shapes.
- 6Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly.
- 7In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 1 cup of confectioners sugar, 2 tablespoons baking cocoa, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons of water and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. Keep adding water until the desired consistency is reached.
- 8Drizzle glaze over crescent rolls.