Chocolate-Strawberry Filled Crescent Rolls
5 Tbspbutter, softened and divided
2 cconfectioners sugar, divided
1 Tbspwhole milk
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract, divided
1/4 cplus 2 tablespoons of baking cocoa
2 (8 oz.)tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cfinely chopped strawberries
How to Make Chocolate-Strawberry Filled Crescent Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, cream 3 tablespoons of butter with 1 cup of confectioners sugar until light and fluffy. Add in 1 the milk and 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- Slowly add the cocoa and mix well.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into triangles. Spread about 1 rounded teaspoon of filling over eat triangle and cover with 1 rounded teaspoon of chopped strawberries, to within 1/4 inch of the edges.
- Roll up each from the wide end. Place point side down 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Curve ends to form crescent shapes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 1 cup of confectioners sugar, 2 tablespoons baking cocoa, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons of water and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. Keep adding water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle glaze over crescent rolls.