Chocolate Crumb Cream Pie
- 1/2 cup plus 1 quart milk, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp. gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 2 prebaked 9 inch pie shells
- semisweet chocolate shavings for garnish
How to Make Chocolate Crumb Cream Pie
- 1Mix 1/2 cup milk and gelatin; set aside.
Put 1 quart milk and 3/4 cup sugar in pan and bring to boil. Mix remaining 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch, using some of the milk to form a paste. Whisk into the boiling milk.
- 2Add unsweetened chocolate and stir til it melts.
- 3Put egg yolks in bowl and whisk. Whisk in a little of the hot chocolate mixture and then stir eggs into the pan. Remove form heat and let sit for 3 minutes.
Stir gelatin mixture into the chocolate mixture
- 4Pour into a bowl that is placed on a bed of ice. Stir in salt and continue stirring til completely cool. Add vanilla. Fold in whipped cream.
Fill pie shells with mixture. Decorate with chocolate shavings and crumbled cookies.