Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1/4 ccocoa powder
2 Tbspbutter, melted or coconut oil, melted
2 Tbspcoconut milk or whole milk
1/4 tspvanilla extract
1/4 ccoconut flour
1/4 tspbaking powder
How to Make Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins
- Have all ingredients at room temperature if possible. It will mix better with the coconut flour.
In small saucepan, mix 3 Tbsp butter with cocoa powder. Stir over low heat until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, 2 Tbsp melted butter, coconut milk (or whole milk), honey, salt and vanilla. Stir in cooled cocoa/butter mixture.
- Plase small, fine strainer over the large bowl. Put coconut flour and baking powder in the strainer and press through the strainer. Mix all ingredients until there are no lumps. (I use a large wire whisk.)
- Pour batter into greased muffin cups. Bake at 400F (205C) for 15 minutes. Makes 6 muffins.
- High altitude: Move middle oven rack up one level. Bake approximately 18 minutes. May want to turn oven down to 375F.