Chocolate and Butterscotch Stuffed Croissants
How to Make Chocolate and Butterscotch Stuffed Croissants
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Unroll the sheet of pastry and then cut it into 4 squares.Cut each square diagonally to give 2 triangles (they will appear quite small). If using both sheets of puff pastry then you will end up with 16 triangles.Put the triangle with the wider part facing you and the point away from you.
- Place the chips inside the triangles about 1/2 inch up from the wide end nearest you.
Then carefully roll from that chocolate loaded end towards the point of the triangle.
- You should now have something resembling a straight croissant, seal it slightly with your fingertips and curl it around into a crescent.
- Place the croissants on a lined baking tray and brush with the beaten egg. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and puffy and, miniaturely, croissant-like.
- Melt some of the chips in the microwave at 30 sec intravels till all is melted. Add few drops of oil to the melted chocolate and mix. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of the croissants.