Candy Bar Brownies
Anyway, I decided to experiment with some of the candy bars out there now. What a fun way to kick a box brownie mix up a notch!
This photo shows brownies with a Symphony Bar in the center (thanks, Christy!) on the left and a white chocolate with Orea pieces candy bar on the right. Both were made with the same brownie mix. YUMMY!
1box of brownie mix, 13 x 9 family size
1/2 ccooking oil, as directed on box
1/4 cwater, as directed on box
2eggs, as directed on box
3large candy bars** (see direction #8 below.)
somewalnuts, optional (i used them, but i won't next time)
How to Make Candy Bar Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or as directed on the brownie mix box). Mist a 13 x 9"** pan with cooking spray.
- Mix brownie batter using the directions on the box.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Unwrap the large candy bars and place on top of the brownie batter.
- Spread the remaining batter over the candy bars, covering them completely.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, checking the edges for doneness since the toothpick method won't work in the melted chocolate. Remove from the oven & cool on a cooling rack.
- Cut & serve when the brownies cool. Watch out for the stampede! =^..^=
- **Christy Jordan recommended using an 8 x 8" pan, which would make a thicker brownie. The baking time would also need adjusted to around 45 minutes. You'd also only need 2 large candy bars.