Brownies with Peanut Butter Snickers
That said, brownies are a great way to use up mini-candy bars. They are rich and sweet and fudge-y already. Throw in a chopped up candy bar, and they become even better.
I found the recipe at mybakingaddiction.com.
- 1 c
- butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 c
- 1 1/4 c
- cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- peanut butter snickers squares, each cut into 4 pieces (i only used 10 squares, and everything worked out fine)
How to Make Brownies with Peanut Butter Snickers
- 1Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the butter and sugar in a medium saucepan. Slowly melt these ingredients over a low heat. Keep cooking until the sugar and butter have melted together, but do not let them begin to bubble. Remove from heat.
- 2Mix the eggs with an electric mixer. Mix in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder and vanilla. Add the melted butter/sugar mixture and continue mixing until combined. Stir in the flour just until combined.
- 3Mix the eggs with an electric mixer. Mix in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder and vanilla. Add the melted butter/sugar mixture and continue mixing until combined. Stir in the flour just until combined.
- 4Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Place an even layer of Peanut Butter Snickers onto the brownie batter. Slightly push the Peanut Butter Snickers into the batter. Top with the remaining batter and smooth the batter to cover the Snickers pieces.
- 5Bake for about 30 minutes. Don’t bother with inserting a tester into the middle to check for doneness. It won’t work. Instead, keep baking until the brownies just begin to pull away from the sides and the middle seems a little jiggly, yet set.
Cool completely before cutting.