Betty's Cherry and Chocolate Slice
Ideal for afternoon tea, lunch boxes or as a gift. This takes mere minutes to make and is delicious! Note - chilling time is cooking time.
Adapted from Jo Wheatley's recipe: white chocolate tiffin.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·500g (17.5 oz) store bought shortbread or graham crackers
·1 1/3 cups desiccated coconut
·1 1/2 cups glace cherries - washed, dried and chopped
·1 cup butter
·4 tb golden syrup
·4 tb dry malt powder (horlicks)
·2 tb white sugar
·200g (7 oz) milk chocolate
·200g (7 oz) dark chocolate
How to Make Betty's Cherry and Chocolate Slice
- Grease and line large brownie tray (30x23 cm/9x12 inches). Set aside.
- Pour the cookies into a strong large zip lock bag. Use a rolling pin or meat mallet to break the cookies into ALMOST crumbs. Pour into a large bowl and add the coconut and cherries. Stir to combine
- In a saucepan; melt the butter, sugar, syrup and malt powder together. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir well to mix. Pour into the prepared tray and use the back of a metal spoon to spread out, push down and make even.
- Melt the chocolate (I use the microwave - place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and gently heat, stirring often). Pour the melted chocolate over the base. Allow to cool completely - a good few hours or pop in the fridge for an hour. Once cold, chop into slices and enjoy or share!
- NOTE- if it's a hot day or winter, store this slice in the fridge.