4 largetart apples
1/3 cbutter (not margarine) cubed
1/3 cminiature milk chocolate chips
1/3 cchopped pecans (or any other nut)
·lemon juice (to prevent the apples from browning)
How to Make Apple Nachos
- Core the apples and slice them in 1/4 inch slices. Rub each slice with lemon juice or a fresh lemon wedge to prevent browning. Arrange apple slices on a large platter.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the caramels with the water, storing until smooth. I use the high setting at 15 second increments.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan melt the marshmallows and butter. Stir frequently to preven scorching.
- Drizzle melted caramel over apple slices, then melted marshmallows, then sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Serve immediately!!
- For an extra spooky halloween snack, you could use halloween sprinkles. I love to add coconut, but one family member is allergic so no coconut for this family! Use whatever you like---simply delicious and simply simple!!
Not sure where this originated, but I've been making it for about 10 years and my family loves loves loves it!