A Real Brownie Brownie Recipe
A perfect balance of fudge & cake.
The pecans or walnuts go on top of the batter, during cooking, they get fragrant & have texture (inside the batter, they steam & get soft).
- 1 1/4 c
- plain cake flour
- 1/2 tsp
- table salt
- 3/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 oz
- unsweetened baking chocolate bar (100% cacao), chopped fine
- 4 oz
- good bittersweet, 70%, dark chocolate bar, chopped fine
- 12 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted (1 1/2 sticks, softened)
- 2 1/4 c
- extra large eggs
- 1 Tbsp
- good pure vanilla extract
- 1 c
- pecans or walnuts, chopped medium
How to Make A Real Brownie Brownie Recipe
- 1Adjust oven to middle rack & preheat to 325*.
Spray a 13x9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or fit foil in baking dish, allowing excess to overhang, and spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Whisk to combine flour, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- 3In microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate & softened butter on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir well, then continue at 50% power, 15 second increments, stirring well before repeating. Do not let chocolate burn. It will continue to melt, while stirring.
- 4When chocolate is completely smooth, gradually whisk in sugar, add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition until thoroughly combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture in three additions, folding with rubber spatula until batter is completely smooth.
- 5Transfer batter to prepared pan; using spatula, spread batter evenly & into corners of pan.
Sprinkle the nuts(if using)on top of batter.
Bake until toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 30-35 minutes(under-baked, batter is clinging to toothpick, over-baked, toothpick comes out clean.)
- 6Cool on wire rack for 2 hours and cut in baking dish or remove brownies, if using foil, by lifting foil overhang.
Store leftovers in airtight container.