- 1/2 c
- whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- hershey' semi sweet choclate chips
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- ( 12 oz package ) premier white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp
- shortening ( do not use butter , margarine, or oil )
WHITE COATING FOR TRUFFLES
How to Make White Coated Chocolate Truffles
- 1Combine whipping cream, and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture begins to boil. remove from heat, add chocolate chips , stirring until completely melted, continue stirring until mixture cools and thickens slightly. Stir in vanilla, Pour into a shallow glass dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- 2To form Truffles. with spoon, scoop mixture, shape into 1 " balls, Place on waxed paper lined tray. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- 3Prepare Whith Chocolate Coading. Dip truffles into coating and refrigerate.Serve well chilled. Store in thghtly covered container in refrigerator.
- 4White Chocolate Coating --- Combine 2 cups premier white chocolate chips with shortening, in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until chips are melted when stirred. Coating works best when between (85 and 90 degrees ) If coating goes below 85 degrees place bowl in a larger bowl containing warm water, stir coating until temperature reaces 85. Be carful not to get any water into coating mixture. Coat truffles in white chocolate put on waxed paper to dry. Place in refrigerator .