Velvetta chocolate fudge
This is different than the other Velvetta recipe on the site because it uses chocolate, not cocoa powder.
Don't be afraid to try it.
- 12 oz
- velvetta cheese
- 2 stick
- butter or margarine
- 6 oz
- unsweetened chocolate (that is 6 squares)
- 2 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
- 32 oz
- powdered sugar (this is a full 2lb bag, or about 8 cups)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped nuts (optional) or
- 1/2 c
- crushed candies (optional)
How to Make Velvetta chocolate fudge
- 1Melt together Velvetta, butter, chocolate, and corn syrup.
You can either do this in the microwave (2 minutes on high, stir, then another minute) or in a double boiler.
If the mixture looks a bit clumpy with some oil on top it will be okay, but you shouldn't see cubes of each ingredient, they should all be melted together.
- 2Put sugar in a large bowl. Pour in about half the melted mixture and beat on medium using an electric mixer. It will look like little pebbles at this point. It's okay, it will turn into fudge in the next step.
- 3Add the remaining melted mixture and continue to beat on medium until it looks smooth.
Add the vanilla and mix until blended.
- 4If using nuts, fold them into the fudge.
- 5Pour fudge into a 13x9 inch pan. (I line my pan with foil so that I can lift the fudge out of the pan for easier cutting.)
If you are using candy, sprinkle it over the top and press into the fudge.
Put in fridge for a few hours to cool. Cut into small squares.