I use these as treats for Halloween and Christmas time ( Santa can be made with rope licorice and red bubblegum balls).
- wax paper
- 1 c
- (6 ounces) nestlÉ® toll house® premier white morsels
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable shortening
- 18 to 20 plastic spoons
- assorted candies for decorating (such as spooky wonka nerds, wonka tart n tinys, wonka sweetarts and wonka runts)
- festive plastic wrap or clear lollipop bags (found in craft stores)
- orange and black ribbon
How to Make Spooktacular Spoons
- 1LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
- 2PLACE morsels and shortening in medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted; cool slightly.
- 3DIP one spoon into melted morsels; shake off excess. Place on prepared tray. Make ghostly face with candies. Repeat with remaining spoons. Refrigerate until set.
- 4WRAP each spoon in a sheet of plastic wrap. Gather at base of spoon; tie with orange and black ribbons. Trim ends of plastic wrap, if desired.