Rum, Bourbon or Brandy Balls
I thought to myself, well I'll make my Mom's recipe for Rum Balls. But wait, I thought to myself, I really don't like Rum or Bourbon or Brandy Balls. But everyone else does. There has to be away of making them so I like them too. So, this is what I came up with this morning.. 12/9/2012.
They are delicious! And I a tad doozy from tasting them. Hiccup :)
- 3 c
- dried and finely crumbed in processor homemade pound cake
- 2 1/2 to 3 c
- powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 to 1/3 c
- dark rum, bourbon or brandy
- 4 Tbsp
- cocoa, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- very finely chopped orange peel (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon extract
- nice size pinches of nutmeg
- sifted powdered sugar to coat
- 3 Tbsp
- lyles golden sryup
How to Make Rum, Bourbon or Brandy Balls
- 1Place Cocoa, powder sugar, pound cake crumbs, butter, cinnamon extract, and spices in processor. Give them a good spin a couple of times so they are evenly distributed. Add the alcohol of your choice. Process till it forms a ball.
Wrap and place in the refrigerator for a few minutes. I let the dogs out at this time and made a cup of tea.
- 2Cover a cookie sheet with waxpaper or parchment paper.
Form the balls, just about walnut size. I used a small cookie scoop. Roll balls between your hands. Place on cookie tin between layers of waxpaper When finished place in refrigerator.