RED PEANUT PATTIES
How to Make RED PEANUT PATTIES
- Place the first four items in a heavy saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and continue cooking on a low boil, uncovered, for approx one hour until soft ball stage (235-240*), stirring occasionally.
- While cooking, prepare a spot on your counter top with waxed paper to drop candy on.
- At soft ball stage, remove from heat and add margarine/butter stirring until melted.
- Add powdered sugar, sifting if needed, and red coloring. (I use extra for more color)
- Stir to combine well. Keep stirring until it just starts to thicken.
- Quickly drop by spoonfulls onto waxed paper. The nuts should be flat, not in a pile. If candy starts to get too thick, just place pan back on heat to warm slightly.
- Depending on your preference, they can be any size you like. I prefer to eat several that are 2" across. Bobby likes bigger ones. Your choice will always be right.