- 1 lb
- prunes, pitted
- chopped nuts, your choice
- ginger, freshly grated, as much as you like
- granulated sugar
- 2 1/2- 3 pkg
- confectionery sugar
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c
- margarine, softened
How to Make Prune Delicacies
- 1Wash the prunes thoroughly and then drain and turn on a cloth to dry.
Remove the stones and fill the centers with a mixture of chopped nuts and ginger. Roll in granulated sugar.
- 2Prunes may be filled with fondant or fudge. See 'fondant' recipe above.
This recipe is my recipe for making Fondant candy, however, you can use it to stuff the prunes. You probably, if you only use 1 bag of prunes for stuffing, will need to cut the fondant recipe way back by at least half, if not more. The extra Fondant will keep in the refrigerator for awhile if wrapped tightly. (couple of weeks)
**You also could dip the remaining leftover fondant in chocolate and let firm up on wax paper for candy! It is delicious!! Work some different flavorings in! It is oh so good!! My candy link follows:
Suak's Fondant and Dipping Chocolate
- 3Simply mix the three ingredients together for Fondant, wrap and refrigerate overnight if you plan on dipping. If you are using the fondant for stuffing prunes, you can almost use immediately. Put the finished prunes in the refrigerator for several hours to get cold and so the fondant can set up a little. Cover the prunes.