A few hints when making this bark:
-Don't make layers too thin
-Take out of refrigerator a few
minutes prior to adding white
layer to insure bonding.
-Works best with good quality
chocolate. Look for a white
chocolate that contains cocoa
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Gotta love this classic peppermint bark! This is a holiday favorite in my house, and Sharry's recipe just can't be beat. The Test Kitchen
- 12 oz
- chocolate chips (ghiradelli is really good; i use 60% cacao bittersweet)
- 1 lb
- white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp
- peppermint extract (pure extract is better than imitation as imitation might cause chocolate to sieze up)
- 1/2 c
- peppermint candy, crushed
How to Make Peppermint Bark
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil, let it hang over the sides. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- 2Pour chocolate chips in an even layer on foil. Place in oven 5 minutes. Remove and smooth with spatula. Place in refrigerator until firm (about 20 min.).
- 3Melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler. Stir in extract. Let cool a bit. Pour over chocolate layer. Work quickly to spread. Sprinkle with crushed candy. Gently press candy into chocolate. Chill until firm.
- 4Lift foil, shake off excess candy. Cut into 2 inch wide strips. Chill in covered container.