I make loads of them for gifting, and take batches into work for treat days. I never come home with leftovers.
They literally melt in your mouth.
- 1 1/2 c
- white granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 stick
- 1 box
- cook & serve (not instant) butterscotch pudding
- 1/3 c
- condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1/3 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Pecan Pralines
- 1Spread sheets of waxed paper or aluminum foil on cool counter top.
- 2Combine all ingredients except the nuts in heavy saucepan. Stirring constantly to prevent sticking/scorching on medium high heat until it boils.
Continue stirring while it boils for approx. 15 minutes or until it reaches medium soft-ball stage. You can test this without a candy thermometer by dribbling some of the liquid into a cup of cool water, if it balls/sets up, its cooked long enough. If it just mixes w/water, then cook longer until tests as above.
- 3Remove from heat, add chopped nuts and stir until the sheen/shine starts to disappear, and begins to thicken. This step is important….if you spoon them out to soon, you just have sticky globs of caramel stuff….they won’t set up properly.
- 4Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let cool. Remove from paper & store in airtight container.